I would prefer that the reviews of my present and former clients, and the endorsements of lawyers I have had the pleasure of working with/against for over 38 years of practice, will speak to my abilities, qualifications, dedication, truthfulness and integrity. I loathe selling myself.
LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell has recognized me for the highest level of ethical standards and professional excellence. I am a South Florida Top Rated Lawyer. Generations of lawyers have relied on LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell for 140 years as the authoritative source to confirm credentials based on independent evaluations of skills and experience.
I have been rated by my peers pursuant to confidential opinions of lawyers and members of the judiciary to be AV Preeminent–the highest Peer Review Rating available.
On a scale of 1-10, I am rated 10 (Superb) by AVVO.
I thank my many clients, co-counsel and opposing counsel over many years who have helped me achieve these superb ratings.
Raul Arencibia received his Bachelor of Arts degree from New York University cum laude in 1977, where he was a New York University Scholar, a recipient of the Founders’ Day Award (for achieving highest academic preferment recognized by New York University), a Regents Scholar and graduated with Honors in Political Science.
Mr. Arencibia then went on to receive his Juris Doctor degree from Harvard Law School in 1980.
Professional Associations, Activities and Lectures
- Founder and Vice-Chair (1999), Chair (2000), Immediate Past Chair (2001) and Executive Council Member at Large (2003-2004), The Florida Bar’s Equal Opportunities Law Section
- Member (1994-1999), Vice-Chair (1995) and Chair (1996), The Florida Bar’s Equal Opportunities in the Profession Committee
- Delegate, The Florida Bar’s Council of Sections (2000)
- Delegate, The Florida Bar’s Council of Executive Councils (2001)
- Member, The Florida Bar’s Judicial Administration, Selection and Tenure Committee (1999-2001).
- Member, The Florida Bar’s Appellate Practice Section.
- Member, The Florida Bar’s Trial Lawyers Section.
- Co-Chair, The Florida Bar’s All Bar Conference on Diversity (2001)
- Participant, The Florida Supreme Court’s Ten-Year Retrospect on the Report and Recommendations of the Supreme Court Racial and Ethnic Bias Study Commission.
- Applicant for Nomination to Florida’s Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court (2001).
- Lecturer, “Winning in Court – Florida’s Top Trial Attorneys Will Show You How.”
- Panelist, The Florida Bar’s 2001 Annual Meeting, Masters Seminar on Professionalism, “Successful Lawyering in a Diverse Society.”
- Co-Chair, The Florida Supreme Court’s Advisory Committee for the 2001 Conference of the National Consortium of Task Forces and Commissions on Racial and Ethnic Bias in the Courts.
- Member, Dade County Bar Association [Young Lawyers Section; Community Relations Coordinating Committee (1981-1982); Communications Law Committee (1983-1984); Business Litigation Committee (1998); Appellate Court Committee [Co-Chair, Appellate Court Liaison Subcommittee (1998)].
- Member, Cuban American Bar Association.
- Director, Corporate Secretary, and Member of Executive, Planning, Credentialing and Bylaws Committees, Economic Opportunity Family Health Center, Inc. (2002-2007)
- Member, Puerto Rican Professional Association of South Florida.
- Approved counsel, American Bar Association Minority Counsel Demonstration Program (1988-1990).
- Lecturer, Miami-Dade County Public Schools, “Ethics in Education,” (2002).